https://learningwithoutscars.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/learning-without-scars-logo-2020.png 0 0 learningwithoutscars https://learningwithoutscars.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/learning-without-scars-logo-2020.png learningwithoutscars2012-05-04 11:56:242012-05-04 11:56:24From a dear friend who has passed – Don Lea
About Growing Older…
- First… eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
- Second… the older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
- Third… some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know “why” I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way and some of the roads weren’t paved.
- Fourth… when you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
- Fifth… you know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
- Sixth… I don’t know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
- Seventh… one of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.
- Eighth… one must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
- Ninth… being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
- Tenth… long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it’s called golf.
- And finally… if you don’t learn to laugh at trouble, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you are old.
The time is now….