We Have Been Here Before
Over the past two decades we have confronted three separate events that changed how we looked at our businesses.
In 1999/2000 we faced the Y2K problem. Our business systems were designed without sufficient foresight and we needed to make comprehensive changes swiftly and effectively. We did.
In 2008 we dealt with the Financial Crisis. Our markets for equipment dropped, depending on location, up to 50%. We had to adapt our businesses to survive in this harsh new reality. We did.
Now in 2020 we are confronted with a Worldwide Health Crisis. The Covid-19 problem. I have no doubt we will overcome this crisis as well.
The leadership in the USA, federal, state and local, have acted decisively and comprehensively. Think about everything that has been done.
- We shut our borders down, first to China and now to the European Union. This kept out people who, unknowingly or not, carried the virus. We kept them out.
- We identified the high-risk individuals. We quarantined them.
- We designed a test for this specific virus once we received the biology from China.
- We modified lab testing and established a nation-wide testing protocol.
- We created drive through capabilities to conduct this testing in convenient locations.
- We now are testing dozens of drugs to find a cure for the virus.
- We have passed emergency legislation in the senate to assist affected people and businesses.
- We have declared a state of emergency in nearly ten different states.
Private and public businesses have acted as well. This situation is extremely fluid and changes daily nearly everywhere, if not hourly. This is when we need sensible, thoughtful, calm and strong leadership. Can we count you in that group?
The Time is Now.