Today I want to introduce you to Orison Swett Marden. He was an inspirational writer born in 1850 died 1924.
- Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.
- Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.
- A constant struggle, a ceaseless battle to bring success from the inhospitable surroundings, is the price of all great achievements.
- All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
- There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character his self-respect or his self-confidence. He is still a King.
- Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed; pay the price and it is yours.
- Joyfulness keeps the heart and the face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us.
- There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no time so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.
- We make the world we live in and shape our own environment.
- There is an infinite difference between a little wrong and just right, between fairly good and the best, between mediocrity and superiority.
I find Orison Mardens’ thoughts very insightful. Unknowingly I have used this approach in my personal and professional life.
The time is now..