Friday Filosophy v.07.21.2023
We are back with a Friday blog post today! Please read some quotable quotes from various authors (our founder Ron Slee included!) in Friday Filosophy v.07.21.2023
Let’s focus on a different direction. We will start this off with what people call “Sleeisms.”
- Everyone wants to do things that they do well.
- Everyone can do more than they think they can.
- Everyone is fundamentally lazy.
We will continue with quotes from others, just to be well-rounded today:
- Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift from God, which is why we can it the present. – Bil Keane.
- A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. – George Bernhard Shaw.
- We must love them both, those whose opinions we share and those whose opinions we reject, for both have labored in research for truth, and both have helped us in finding it. – Thomas Aquinas.
- One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again. – Abraham Maslow.
- What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean. – Isaac Newton
- No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man. – Heraclitus
- He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears. Michel De Montaigne’
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernhard Shaw
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A Edison
- Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. – Lao Tzu
- Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tress, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. – Albert Einstein
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
- No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. – Nelson Mandela
- True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful. Paul Sweeney
The Time is Now.