I am sharing a series of quotes for Friday Filosophy #2015-16.
- A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
- Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.
- Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.
- We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
- Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but not power to escape the necessity of choice.
- Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
- The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
- If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject.
- Happiness is the state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one’s values.
- The ladder of success is best climbed on the rungs of opportunity.
- So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked, what is the root of all money?
- There are two sides to every issues: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
- Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision.
- It only stands to reason that where there’s sacrifice, there’s someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there’s service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.
- The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody decided not to see.
- Rights are not a matter of numbers – and there can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob.
- The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
- The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
That is the power of a THINKER. Those are some quotes from Ayn Rand – the woman who so many disparage because she speaks so clearly and so truthfully that it scares those who are oppressors. They are oppressors in the name of protecting others, when in fact they are trying to control all.
On a personal note, I support freedom for everyone who wants to do, to act and explore. But I do not support anyone who tries to limit me by limiting my options and choices.
Please read and enjoy the quotes, and think about them if you will. Thanks.
The time is now.